OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change menu item names?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Change menu item names?

Postby downtheroad » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 am

I would like to to change the names of some of the menu items -- is there a config file or place in the code where I can do this? For instance, if I wanted to change 'archives' to 'back issues'.

dr
downtheroad

Re: Change menu item names?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 am

Hi dr,

All locale strings are kept in locale files -- you'll be able to find most strings in locale/en_US/locale.xml (for English, of course), while plugin locale files (including block plugins that form the sidebar) can be found in the plugins/ directory. You can find more information on OJS translations (pertinent to changing the English translation) here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/translating/index.html.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby downtheroad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 am

Thank you, James.
downtheroad

Postby hokka » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 am

Dear James. Although I look http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/translating/index.html I couldn't find how to change main top menu names. I reviewed carefully locale/tr_TR/locale.xml file but I couldn't find menu names. Please help me. Thank you.

Best regards.
Amasya University, Turkey.
Last edited by hokka on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
hokka

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Alpay,

You will find a number of locale keys (many more than just the one locale.xml file) in lib/pkp/locale/tr_TR, as well as in locale/tr_TR. Those keys are likely in lib/pkp/locale/tr_TR/common.xml.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development