OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How does Author resubmit a reviewed version in OCS 2.3.4?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

How does Author resubmit a reviewed version in OCS 2.3.4?

Postby makbulut » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:02 am

Hi there every one,

We have set up OCS 2.3.4 in our server and prepearing a Conference webpage (abstract submission only). We managed to solve our problems by the help of the forum so far, thanks to everyone. However, we encountered a strange situation now. The steps our review process is below.

Author submits its abstract.
The Track Director sees the abstract and directs it to a reviewer.
The Reviewer decides (i.e., revision required) and submits his/her comments.
The Track Director sees the comments and Let the Author see the comments.
The author checks his/her active submissions, makes the revisions. And uploads a revised version of the abstract.

And here is the problem. At this step, the track director can not see the revised version of the abstract! He/she can not confirm if the revisions are complete. Moreover we could not figure out how to post this revised version of the abstract

Thanks already for helping.
Mehmet
makbulut

Re: How does Author resubmit a reviewed version in OCS 2.3.4?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Mehmet,

Have your Track Directors recorded any sort of decision before sending out the email to the author with the review comments? You don't mention it, and that should probably be done before the Notify Author is sent. If you want the author to make changes to the submission, you should choose "Revisions Required" at this point. Let me know if that helps, or if you are already doing so.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby makbulut » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:31 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the track director records his/her decision before sending notification mail. And yes, the track director marked revision required. After that the author checks his/her active submissions, makes the revisions and succesfully uploads a revised version of the abstract. The submitting author can see the uploaded file, however the track director can not see the revised author version and can not choose anyhing to move to layout (no file name and check boxes present). Besides, the track director also can not see "move to layout" option and "Send" button at the Director Decision Section. I wonder if we have done something wrong during the setup or the processes.

Cheers,
Mehmet
makbulut

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Mehmet,

Sorry, could you clarify exactly which submission process you have chosen under Scheduled Conference Setup 2.1? Are you accepting file uploads, or are you expecting authors to just revise their abstracts as they appear in the Abstract field? Technically, if you've chosen "Abstract submission only; no file upload", then the author shouldn't be able to upload a file at all -- I've added this as a bug report here. If you have any comments on the bug report itself, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby makbulut » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 am

Hi James,

Yes, you are right. The problem is with the "Abstract submission only; no file upload" option. My problem is solved, when I changed the setting to "File upload only, no abstract submission". I have also checked your bug report (6953) and seen that you have very clearly described what needs to be done. I have no more comments to add Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Cheers,
Mehmet
makbulut

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:31 am

Hi Mehmet,

Glad to hear everything is sorted out!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support