OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

directory of available plugins

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

directory of available plugins

Postby nskoric » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:50 pm

I can't seem to find a list of available plugins. For instance, I figured out from posts on this forum that there exists TinyMCE plugin for OCS. Where can I find it? Moreover, is there a list of all plugins available for current version of OCS?

Thanks in advance,
Nikola
nskoric

Re: directory of available plugins

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Nicola,

We don't currently have a comprehensive listing of OCS plugins online. If you have OCS already installed, you will find the plugins from your Conference Management User Home page, under System Plugins. If you are looking through the system files, they are all stored in the plugins/ directory. And there are other plugins, that are possibly not currently shipped with the core OCS package, available in the plugin gallery.

If you have any specific/further questions, please let us know!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby nskoric » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 am

jmacgreg wrote:If you have any specific/further questions, please let us know!

Well, yes, I do have further questions. I'd be very happy if you could help :-)

Issue #1
So, I tried to install this theme. I downloaded polished-theme.zip, repackaget it as .tar.gz and tried to upload to Home > User > Conference Site Management > Plugin Management > Install A New Plugin. No luck, it says:
Errors occurred processing this form:
* Error uploading file

I tried compressing it in several different configuraitons (removed git files, put everything in the root of the archive, put everything in a subdirectory, tried polished.tar.gz and polished-theme.tar.gz) and nothing works. And my boss really likes that theme (in fact that's the only one he agrees to :-D), so I'd really like to put it up :-D

Issue #2
I finally realised that I infact have TinyMCE plugin already installed under generic plugins. The only problem is: it doesn't show. When I go to Home > [Conf Name] > User > Conference Site Management > Announcements > Create, I get what you can see in the attachment. No icons, no nothing.

I tried upgrading the plugin, but I don't know where to get the plugin for PKP. I looked here, but directory structure of code that I got there has nothing to do with code found in my current /plugins/generic/tinymce.

There, those would be my two specific questions. As you see, I have serious problems with understanding how plugins work. I searched for any documentation, but could not find any. If you could answer those, I would be a very, very happy man :-)
Attachments
announcement.gif
announcement.gif (13.13 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
nskoric

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 am

Hi nskoric,

Regarding the first question: it sounds like you perhaps are dealing with permissions problems that are stopping you from properly uploading the plugin via the web. If you can untar the plugin file and upload the files to its own directory in plugins/themes/ (eg. to plugins/themes/polished/), you may see the plugin listed as a theme. Please note, however, that IIRC that theme was written to work with OJS/OCS 2.2.x, and may not work properly (or at all) with OJS/OCS 2.3.x without some work.

Regarding the second question: have you upgraded recently, and were the buttons appearing pre-upgrade? You shouldn't necessarily have to upgrade the plugin, but you may have to re-download OCS (the full package of your curent version) and re-install/upload the plugin from the downloaded, untarred package. It's best to keep with the same version of TinyMCE that shipped with the version of OCS you are currently using, rather than try and upgrade to the most recent version. Again, this may also be a permissions problem, where the button images for TinyMCE aren't able to be displayed. For more information on how to set permissions, see this FAQ entry.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Development