OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Planning, launch and control the process metadata harvesting

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Planning, launch and control the process metadata harvesting

Postby Blazz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi all,

There is a need to make a plug-in which I can control the process of metadata harvesting. For example, I want to update the metadata from the selected sources with a certain interval of time, and that all this is done automatically, without me, well, and also had the opportunity to enable / disable this process.
Sorry for my bad English :)

Thanks in advance,
Ilya
Blazz

Re: Planning, launch and control the process metadata harvesting

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Ilya,

The most common way to do this is to set up a server-side task, like a CRON job, to use the tools/harvest.php script. For example, to update all records that have been added since the last harvest, you would invoke "tools/harvest.php all from=last".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Blazz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 am

asmecher wrote:The most common way to do this is to set up a server-side task, like a CRON job, to use the tools/harvest.php script. For example, to update all records that have been added since the last

Hi, Alec

Thanks for more information, but i'm newby and need help. So I need to specify in the Task Scheduler in Windows Server 2008 to make this script?
Blazz

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:42 am

Hi Blazz,

Correct. I'm not particularly familiar with Windows server administration, but there are some instructions for another application at http://manual.b2evolution.net/Set_up_a_Windows_Scheduled_Task that might be helpful as guidelines.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development