OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Automated Reviewer Reminder Date issue error

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Automated Reviewer Reminder Date issue error

Postby acauchi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 am

Automatic reminder for review is sent out 1 week after request for review stating that the deadline for review has passed (which in fact is of 4 weeks). Reminder should go out after 4 weeks and not before.

Also Automatic reminder for review 4 weeks after acceptance to do review, is not being sent out.

Appreciate any help how to solve these problems
acauchi

Re: Automated Reviewer Reminder Date issue error

Postby aleskl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:01 am

I've found out that I have the same problem. The thing is that the auto-reminder is sent when the reviewer doesn't respond to a review request in 5 days and when the review due-date passes. But both reminders have the same text, stating that the due-date has passed, which is not true in the first case.

Now I'm searching the forum to see if somebody already solved this...

ETA: I also noticed that the review-reminder at due-date was not sent, only the first one, after five days. I'm trying to temporarily solve this by disabling the first auto-reminder, now I have to wait if the second one is being sent.

-Ales
aleskl

Re: Automated Reviewer Reminder Date issue error

Postby ramon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello all,

You may want to check the Translation Plugin, available to System Administrators only.
You can edit all email templates, at any time.
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion