OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Suppression of one Supplementary file - is it possible

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Suppression of one Supplementary file - is it possible

Postby janer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 am

Hello,

We ask for all papers to be submitted with tables and figures embedded - supplementary files are for additional datasets etc. Therefore, the Reading Tools are set to show supplementary items, as we have a few papers in the archive with genuine supplementary material that can be viewed via the reading tools when the main paper is onscreen.

However, my current problem is with a paper that has been submitted with the tables and figures in one supplementary file, and a letter to the Editor in another. I have merged the contents of the former into the main paper and now I need to suppress both of them from being viewed when the paper is published next year.

Can you help me to do this please - I can't see any 'delete' mechanism, and I obviously don't want to change the Reading Tools covering the rest of the Journal.

Many thanks

Janer
janer

Re: Suppression of one Supplementary file - is it possible

Postby michael » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Janer,

There should be an 'EDIT' and 'DELETE' link on the right-hand side of each supplementary file on both the submission summary as well as submission editing pages.

Is it possible that your journal's CSS or current font size is causing these links to get pushed off the page so that they're not visible for you?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby janer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 am

Dear Michael,

Thanks so much - now spotted on the Editing page - I was looking on the Summary page which, in the version we are running, which is I think the most recent, only offers links to EDIT or to ADD a supplementary file.

All the best

Janer
janer

Postby aleskl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 am

Recycling an old topic...

Would it be possible to add an additional category to Supplementary files that would indicate whether a particular supp. file should be publicly visible or not? We would need that to disable showing of source files (original images, tex manuscript files, etc) that are also submitted as supplementary files, in addition to regular, "true" supplementary files that need to be publicly available.

Regards,
Ales
aleskl

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion