OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Different RSS feed for each section

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Different RSS feed for each section

Postby talknshare » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:10 am

I will really like to see separate RSS feed for each section separately, instead of putting all section contents together.
This will especially help me in the development of the iPhone and Android App for my journal.

Let me know if anything is available that will help me in this.
Thanks!
Last edited by talknshare on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talknshare

Re: Different RSS feed for each section

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am

Hi talknshare,

There is currently a Web Feed plugin that provides a single RSS feed for the current issue -- you can find the code in /plugins/generic/webFeed/. This plugin could most likely be extended to provide the functionality you want. I'm guessing that you are a developer and are comfortable looking at the code; you may also find the following resoureces useful:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/technicalref ... index.html -- OJS technical reference, which includes a section on plugins. Somewhat out of date, but should be a good starting point on coding conventions, etc.
http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Writing_a_Block_Plugin -- information on how to write a block plugin. This information is extensible to other types of plugins.

And of course, you are more than welcome to ask us any questions you might have. We would also be very interested in hearing about your plans for an iPhone/Android app. There are already two apps and a plugin that you might want to take a look at: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6828.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development