OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] No applicable patch available

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] No applicable patch available

Postby nskoric » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm

I did my best to google this problem, but I found nothing. I hope I missed some obvious solution. If I did, sorry for that :-) Anyway, my problem is simple:

Code: Select all
foo@bar# php tools/upgrade.php patch
Code version:      2.1.2.0
Database version:  2.1.2.0
Latest version:    2.3.3.1
A newer version is available:
         tag:     ocs-2_3_3-1
         date:    2010-08-10
         info:    http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/
         package: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/download/ocs-2.3.3-1.tar.gz
         patch:   N/A
No applicable patch available
foo@bar#

So, as you see, I tried to upgrade OCS 2.1.2 to newest version using "php tools/upgrade.php patch" and failed miserably. Now, as you can see: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_download, there is a patch for OCS 2.1.2, so it seems upgrade.php is lying. I don't even have the slightest idea where to start looking for problems. Any ideas?

I though about simply patching the installation using patch -p1 < ocs....patch, but I still have to upgrade the database using php tools/upgrade.php patch, don't I?

I'd be very happy if anybody could help.

Regards,
Nikola
Last edited by nskoric on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
nskoric

Re: No applicable patch available

Postby nskoric » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:30 am

I tried doing the patch manually through downloading this patch and doing patch -p1 < ocs...patch. This is what I get:

Code: Select all
foo@bar# patch -p1 --dry-run < ocs-2.1.2-1_to_2.3.3-1.patch | grep FAILED | wc -l

So there would be 69 rejected file updates. I reckon that is a lot. Is it possible that 2.1.2.0 (which is exact version of my OCS) and 2.1.2-1 (which is version which the patch expects) are in fact two distinct versions which are not identical? If so, how do I update 2.1.2.0 to 2.1.2-1?

Kind regards,
Nikola
nskoric

Re: No applicable patch available

Postby nskoric » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:09 am

Good people at pkp.contact@gmail.com were helpful and added patch for 2.1.2.0 to the web. So I managed to patch my code by hand (php tools/upgrade.php patch still does not recognise the patch), and I kind of patched my database (php toos/upgrade.php update seems to have done the job since my OCS works as expected), but php tools/upgrade.php patch says:
foo@bar# php tools/upgrade.php patch
Code version: 2.3.4.0
Database version: 2.1.2.0
Latest version: 2.3.4.0
Database version is older than code version
Run "tools/upgrade.php upgrade" to update
foo@bar# php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 2.3.4.0]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.3.0_preupdate.xml]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right