OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editor to Author email template

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editor to Author email template

Postby RussellButson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Can someone point me in the right direction.
I want to add information to the 'reply to authors that a revision is required' email that allows us to use the "Import Peer Reviews" function (It's the email shown in Figure 7.10 of the new manual -http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.1/userguide.pdf). Currently when I go through the process the email appears but is empty and I would like to add a small intro into the email template before I paste in the review info - but I can't find the email template in the list of "Prepared Emails".

+ I am assuming this is the only way to get "Review Form" info back to the authors.

currently running: 2.2.3.0 (May 15, 2009 - 12:49 PM)
RussellButson

Re: Editor to Author email template

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

Hi RussellButson,

To see those emails, you'll have to upgrade to OJS 2.3.1+ -- they aren't available in your version. We'll be releasing a new stable version of OJS (2.3.3) very shortly, so if you can wait a day or two I'd recommend upgrading to that release.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby csimser » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 am

Does the prepared email need to contain any coding in order to import the peer reviews? One of our production journals is attempting to use this feature and nothing appears under Reviewer A after they import into the email. I have tested the feature on our test journal and experience the same problem. Please advise. (We are on version 2.3.3+

--Char

jmacgreg wrote:Hi RussellButson,

To see those emails, you'll have to upgrade to OJS 2.3.1+ -- they aren't available in your version. We'll be releasing a new stable version of OJS (2.3.3) very shortly, so if you can wait a day or two I'd recommend upgrading to that release.

Cheers,
James
csimser

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Char,

IIRC there have been a number of fixes to the Import Peer Review process -- try searching our bugzilla database, or looking at the recommended patches for your particular OJS version, and/or consider upgrading to the latest stable release. If the problem persists, let us know and we'll investigate further.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion