OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Creating New Dynamic Pages

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Creating New Dynamic Pages

Postby BVBAccelerate » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 am

Hey Everyone,

I have developed a payment plugin that allows people to pay either using their credit card or offline. I would like to add a feature to this so that if people have chosen to pay offline, they are brought to a page with a link to print out their offline payment form. I have everything set up and working except for I don't know how to create a new dynamic page in this system.

I'm familiar with MVC, and was figuring that maybe sections of the URL were directing the system on which function to use in the plugin's class, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I know that my class is extending the PaymethodPlugin class, so does this mean it only has the capability to display certain pages (settings page, payment form page, confirmation page), or can I write something in my plugin to extend its functionality to include an offline payment form based on the queued payment ID?

Please let me know, thanks!
BVBAccelerate

Re: Creating New Dynamic Pages

Postby michael » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi BVBAccelerate,

You could add the new page display to the handle method in your main plugin class. You'll need to define a new operation for this, e.g. 'print', and create a corresponding plugin template that you want to use for the display.

Please have a look at the handle method in both the ManualPaymentPlugin and the PayPalPlugin to get a detailed sense of how this can be done.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OCS Development