OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Multiple registration codes

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Multiple registration codes

Postby BVBAccelerate » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello,

Our client is asking us for the ability to assign multiple fee codes to allow a certain registration type to accept more than one code.

I was wondering if there was any way this could be done without altering the core of the system. I know this is would be quite the undertaking. Not only would I have to accept multiple types, but would also have to store the entered fee code in the database along with the registration because they want to use the fee code entered as an indication of what 'group' these people are part of.

From what I've looked at there is no way to simply override the code without adjusting the core. I'm sure I might have some follow up questions, but I wanted to get this big one out of the way before I got into it. Let me know, thanks!
BVBAccelerate

Re: Multiple registration codes

Postby michael » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi BVBAccelerate,

This wouldn't be possible without altering some of the core parts of the system that handle the registration process.

Would it not be easier to simply create multiple registration types for each of the groups and distinguish these via registration type, not code. Each type could still have a unique code if required.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Re: Multiple registration codes

Postby BVBAccelerate » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks Michael,

Yes it absolutely would be. I've explained to our client that the system already supports this. For them, it would just require making somewhere around 20 registration types, and they just want an easier way to do it. This was the response I was expecting, but I just had to be sure so I could pass the news onto them officially.
BVBAccelerate

Return to OCS Development