OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upgrading to version 2.1 from 2.0.2

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upgrading to version 2.1 from 2.0.2

Postby renate » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi,

Today I upgraded our OJS system from 2.0 to 2.1 using the patch file. Then I updated the database as well. There were no error reports.
I changed the permissions in the cache as explained in the upgrade guide.
But now I can't login anymore even when I change the installed option in the config.inc.php to Off.
this is the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getlocalefilename() in /var/www/html/ndj/classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php on line 49
Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks
Renate
renate

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Renate,

It sounds like your classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php file wasn't properly patched; it's possible that others failed as well. This can happen if the file is modified from the original version distributed with OJS. During the patch upgrade process, you should receive error messages in situations like this. The patch tool generates several additional files when a patch fails to apply; for example, there should be a classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php.orig, which is the original version (i.e. prior to patching), and classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php.rej, which contains the parts of the patch that couldn't be applied. Look for *.orig and *.rej files to see which parts of the patch couldn't properly be applied.

You can always extract the new versions from a downloaded OJS archive. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download.html for download information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby renate » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your quick reply. I saw the .orig and .rej files. Should I now replace the classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php file with one extracted from the full version of OJS 2.1? Just confirm please.
I can't remember that I changed any file when I upgraded to OJS 2.0 - would be too afraid to this :wink:
Greetings
Renate
renate

Return to OJS Technical Support