OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Papers Report - Authors Missing & Not in Correct Order?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Papers Report - Authors Missing & Not in Correct Order?

Postby tshore » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:32 am

Has anyone else noticed errors with authors in the papers report? I've had a few reports of missing authors and the order not being the same as on the Presentations page. Here is an example:
Screen shot 2011-09-16 at 12.08.53 PM.png
Screenshot from Presentations Page (ID = 451)
Screen shot 2011-09-16 at 12.08.53 PM.png (11.33 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

Code: Select all
From Papers Report (I cut out a bunch of it to make it more readable):
451   902   Poster   
Chikako      Oda   JP   Graduate     School of Human and Environmental Studies,Kyoto University   chikako.0219 AT hotmail.co.jp      
Shintaro      Funahashi   JP   Kokoro Research Center, Kyoto University   funahashi.shintaro.2z AT kyoto-u.ac.jp
Naoshi      Hiraoka   JP   Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University   naoshi AT media.kyoto-u.ac.jp                                                                                                                                                         en   Accept Submission               Posted

In this case, the order of authors was changed. The order in the Papers Report is the same as the original order

Another example where the order is incorrect:
Screen shot 2011-09-16 at 12.28.31 PM.png
Screenshot from Presentations Page (ID = 463)
Screen shot 2011-09-16 at 12.28.31 PM.png (14.21 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

From Papers Report:
463   530   Talk   
Yôiti      Suzuki   JP   Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University   yoh AT riec.tohoku.ac.jp         
Toshio      Kubodera   JP   Department of Psychology, Tohoku Gakuin University   ctoshio AT mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp         
Kenzo      Sakurai   JP   Tohoku Gakuin University   sakurai AT mind.tohoku-gakuin.ac.jp      Professor of Psychology   
Philip   M.   Grove   AU   School of Psychology, The University of Queensland   p.grove AT psy.uq.edu.au         
Shuichi      Sakamoto   JP   Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University   saka AT ais.riec.tohoku.ac.jp                                                                                                         en   Accept Submission               Posted   
Last edited by tshore on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
tshore

Re: Papers Report - Authors Missing & Not in Correct Order?

Postby tshore » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 am

I think I fixed this, but please check my work. Had to add the following line the the SQL query which begins at line 124 in plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportDAO.inc.php:
pa.seq AS seq,

and then I made the following changes starting at line 226 in plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportPlugin.inc.php:
//      $seq = 0;
        foreach($authors as $author) {
//      $seq++;
// MohSho 2011 - authors not always in correct order...
        $seq = $author['seq'];
tshore

Postby tshore » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 am

Also, the missing author problem is something that popped up with one of my 2010 conferences and I can't track down any details of the problem. I wasn't able to solve it at the time.
tshore

Postby tshore » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 am

Just stumbled across this thread. I was surprised to see that no one from PKP had posted here? Is this a bug? Has anyone been able to duplicate it. Has it been fixed in OCS 2.3.4?
tshore

Postby mcrider » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Trudy,

This isn't really a bug, its just not the way we implemented the report (I don't think there's any particular reason why or why not). If you'd like this added to OCS, feel free to file an entry on Bugzilla and if you can, also upload a patch file.

I'm not sure about the missing authors; Everything looks okay from a quick test on my end. If you see it happen again, let us know!

Thanks,
Matt
mcrider

Postby tshore » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:06 am

I disagree. I think this should be fixed. If the authors are entered in a certain order and appear in that order on the website, then that's the order they need them to be printed out in the conference program.
tshore

Return to OCS Technical Support