OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Need Development Help

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Need Development Help

Postby vwbpe » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:16 pm

I need some help with development on OCS (NOT OJS).

I have two things I need to do.

1) Add about 4 new fields to the user profile (avatar name, osgrid, region, home slurl) - all text fields
2) Add 2 new fields to the metadata for a submission (proposal format, preferred location) - both drop down lists.

I can program but I'm generally not programming at this level and certainly not breathing it 100% of the time. Trying to come up to speed on how you guys have cross-connected the heck out of this thing to the point where you can't do something simple like adding 1 field to the user profile without updating 40 tpl files, 5 database tables, 10+ php files, and at least 2 xml is beyond me. It's going to take me a month or more to trace this stuff out part-time using the technical references - I just don't have the time for it and I need it done this month.

Is there anyone that knows how to do this quickly? or Is there any type of a cheat-sheet or walk-through that will short-cut the learning curve on this?

Kevin
vwbpe

Re: Need Development Help

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Kevin,

PKP's commercial offerings -- specifically, hiring us for custom development work -- may be an option for you. Prices are here. If you would like to hire a PKP developer, please contact us via our contact form; specify that it is a paid customization request, and give us as much detail as you can so that we can provide a quote. Along with what you've already provided here, we would need to know where that additional information would be available.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Development