OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Re: OJS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

Postby TomCobbaert » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:02 am

I add myself to the line of people with whom the CBM doesn't work, having exactly the same problem as newone, swing and Roelf already described.
TomCobbaert

Postby mcrider » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:24 am

Hi folks,

Bozana's posted a bug at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6076 and I've confirmed it. Keep an eye on that bug report for updates.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:54 am

Hi all,

We'll post a code fix shortly, but in the meantime, the problem can be corrected by executing the MySQL INSERT statement at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6076#c2.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kol_jaf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:39 pm

A have a same problem which reported by newone and Roelf.

I have used this plugin successfully in OJS 2.2
kol_jaf

Postby aapollaro » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 am

Hi!

I have a problem. Instead of disactive this plugin I deleted by mistake :( . Fortunately I have a mirror backup of the site so I restored the backup folder into the plugins/generic folder and when I go to Home > User > Journal Management > Plugin Management > Generic Plugins the block now appears in the list. I go to the settings link and add the title of the block. It seems to appear in the right side bar but not in the rest of the journal site. When I go to Block Plugins to add some content to show it doesn't appear in the list of installed plugins. I checked the database and the records are inserted in the tables. What I missed? What I did wrong? Thanks!
aapollaro

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi aapollaro,

Have you checked to see if the plugin information is correctly listed in the database's versions table?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby aapollaro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:00 am

Hi James

Do I have to have something like this? "plugins.generic" in product_type field and "customBlockManager" in the product_class_name field? Thanks,

Alberto.

jmacgreg wrote:Hi aapollaro,

Have you checked to see if the plugin information is correctly listed in the database's versions table?

Cheers,
James
aapollaro

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi Alberto,

Yes, you should have something like the following:

Code: Select all
1   1   0   0   2011-08-22 22:33:14   1   plugins.generic   customBlockManager   CustomBlockManagerPlugin   1   0

If not, try running the following command on your database:

Code: Select all
INSERT INTO `versions` (`major`, `minor`, `revision`, `build`, `date_installed`, `current`, `product_type`, `product`, `product_class_name`, `lazy_load`, `sitewide`)
VALUES
   (1, 1, 0, 0, '2011-08-22 22:33:14', 1, 'plugins.generic', 'customBlockManager', 'CustomBlockManagerPlugin', 1, 0);

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby aapollaro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:46 am

Hi James,

Thanks. Yes I checked it and I've already had it. But in some way in the Block Plugins List my custom block doesn't appear. Neither in the Setup step 5.6 block list. Don't know what else to do
aapollaro

Postby aleskl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

I tried to install the plugin via new plugin install interface, but received this error: "version.xml not found in plugin directory". I'll check if I can add it manually.
-Ales

ETA: I found out that this plugin is already included in OJS 2.3.6. in generic plugins, so ignore this post...
aleskl

Previous

Return to Plugin Gallery