OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS 2.3.4 RC

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

OCS 2.3.4 RC

Postby tshore » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Thrilled to see that OCS 2.3.4 is coming soon. I've been tousling with a bug - for years - that doesn't look like it made it into this release candidate. I wonder if it's too late?

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5324

This is the bug where anything that closes, closes at the beginning of the day (00:00:00) on the deadline date, rather than at the end of the day (23:59:59).

Also, I was surprised that you didn't post in this forum when looking for beta testers for 2.3.4.
tshore

Re: OCS 2.3.4 RC

Postby michael » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Trudy,

tshore wrote:Thrilled to see that OCS 2.3.4 is coming soon. I've been tousling with a bug - for years - that doesn't look like it made it into this release candidate. I wonder if it's too late?

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5324

This wasn't going to be included in the upcoming OCS 2.3.4 release since the original, proposed fix included a new locale key. Stable releases typically only include bug fixes that don't require any new translations.

I did have a chance to review the bug report, however, and it is possible to provide an alternate fix that does not require a new locale key. Please see the bug report for additional details and a patch to fix the issue, which will be included in the upcoming OCS 2.3.4 release.

tshore wrote: Also, I was surprised that you didn't post in this forum when looking for beta testers for 2.3.4

Please see the original call for testers here. A second release candidate will be released shortly -- if you have a chance to test it that would be great!

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OCS Development