OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Greek Translation of Open Conference Systems

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Greek Translation of Open Conference Systems

Postby georgeKapsomenos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 am

A few corrections/optimizations made to the translation
Attachments
el_GR_OCS_TinyMCE_v16.zip
(197 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
georgeKapsomenos

Postby nvps » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I installed ocs 2.3.3-1 and the translation of the Greek environment.
However, the help files is in English. There is any translation of the help files in Greek? because I intend to translate the files and to upload them.

Regards
nvps
nvps

Postby georgeKapsomenos » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 am

nvps wrote:Hi everyone,
I installed ocs 2.3.3-1 and the translation of the Greek environment.
However, the help files is in English. There is any translation of the help files in Greek? because I intend to translate the files and to upload them.

Regards
nvps

That would be great...final complement for a fully localized OCS installation...
Beyond that, many people will find it practically useful, e.g. helpful, when finding their way with using OCS...
georgeKapsomenos

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 am

Hi nvps,

Unfortunately, no Greek translation of the help files exists -- but we would very much welcome your translation contribution! As George also suggests, the community as a whole would find your translation particularly helpful.

The help files can't be translated using the Translation plugin found in OCS -- you will have to translated the files manually. the easiest way to do this would be to create a new directory for your files -- /help/el_GR/ -- and copy all the XML files and directories from /help/en_US/ to that new directory. You will then be able to translate the files one at a time.

If you need any help with this, please let us know. And we would be very happy to accept these translated files for inclusion into future versions of OCS, and of course give you and/or your institution translation credit on our site.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby nvps » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 am

Hi James,
Thank you very much for your advice.
I have already started to translate manually the help files in Greek language.
I hope to complete them by the end of September.

Regards

Nikolaos Vernadakis (nvps)

P.S.: George thank you for your prompt reply
nvps

Previous

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion