OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

New Issue Published notification (and subscriber status)

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

New Issue Published notification (and subscriber status)

Postby debmallett » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm

(Using OJS 2.3.5.0)

I'm hoping to use the New Issue Published email notification, but would like to clarify who exactly it goes to first. For example, if I choose "All individual subscribers", does "all" mean all individual subscriptions we have in our system - including those that have expired?

If it means only active subscriptions, how does OJS determine which subscriptions are active - from the subscription's start and end dates, or from the Active status?

Our expired subscriptions still show Active status because the other statuses are not appropriate and there is no Inactive status that I can see. Would there be any plans to add an Inactive status and/or to automatically change the status from Active to Inactive when a subscription expires?

Thanks so much for your help!
Deb
debmallett

Re: New Issue Published notification (and subscriber status)

Postby michael » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Deb,

debmallett wrote:I'm hoping to use the New Issue Published email notification, but would like to clarify who exactly it goes to first. For example, if I choose "All individual subscribers", does "all" mean all individual subscriptions we have in our system - including those that have expired?

Yes, this would be all individual subscribers in your journal, expired and non-expired.

debmallett wrote:If it means only active subscriptions, how does OJS determine which subscriptions are active - from the subscription's start and end dates, or from the Active status?

Our expired subscriptions still show Active status because the other statuses are not appropriate and there is no Inactive status that I can see. Would there be any plans to add an Inactive status and/or to automatically change the status from Active to Inactive when a subscription expires?

The subscription status field indicates whether a subscription will be considered for subscription verification (e.g. when a user tries to access an article). Only 'Active' subscriptions will be considered for verification and 'Active', non-expired subscriptions will verify successfully.

The other status fields are used to indicate the inactive state that a subscription is in (e.g. have account information, but still awaiting payment). If a subscription is not 'Active,' even if it has a valid expiry date it will not be considered for verification.

There are plans to add additional filtering capabilities to the subscription management interface in a future release of OJS, including sorting based on expired/non-expired subscriptions. Please feel free to CC yourself on this bug report or add any additional details and requirements.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Re: New Issue Published notification (and subscriber status)

Postby debmallett » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Many thanks for this information, Michael. I will watch for the updates to the subscription management interface.

Deb

p.s. So sorry for the delay in replying.
debmallett

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion