OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

replacinga galley file

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

replacinga galley file

Postby jlaherty » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 am

We're still running 2.2.2 (though upgrading very soon!) and I would have thought replacing a galley file with an updated version for a future issue would be easy -- in truth, it is, but when I go to preview the future issue, the original submitted version is what is showing up and not the galley I just uploaded today. Is this just a bug in previewing the issue and if I publish it, the new galley will be available, or do I need to delete the original -- something I can't figure out how to do and I assume it's not an option -- or what????

Thanks so much for the help,
Jennifer Laherty
Indiana University
jlaherty

Re: replacinga galley file

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Jennifer,

I don't recall any sort of bug that would allow this to happen. How are you updating the galley? Can you provide us with your exact steps?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: replacinga galley file

Postby jlaherty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:43 am

HI James,
This post should be deleted if possible! I don't know what it was, probably just emptying my cache -- but the newly uploaded galley finally stuck.
Sorry for the bother,
Jennifer
jlaherty

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion