OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Set 'Director' as default?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Set 'Director' as default?

Postby btcharpied » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I hadn't seen it in the searches I conducted.

I'm trying to find a way to set a specific individual (Director) as the default. While I greatly appreciate the depth of OCS in regard to delegating track chairs and such, our conference has one individual (our Program Chair, a.k.a. 'Director') that handles all of the paper delegations. Is there some way to set this individual as the default for each paper rather than going to each individual submission and hitting 'set self'?

Thanks,

-BTC
btcharpied

Re: Set 'Director' as default?

Postby ramon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello BTC,

If memory serves, the only way to accomplish this is to assign the Director to each Track.
This way, he will automatically be assigned to any submission.
However, in OCS, it seems you'll have to register the user as a Track Director as well for it to work.
You may have to reconsider registering that user as Director, as there will be an extra role in the user's home.
ramon

Re: Set 'Director' as default?

Postby btcharpied » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Seems like a suitable work around. Okay, so I'd simply then operate as the 'Director' and then list the actual director as the Track Director...I'll give it a shot.

Much appreciated!
btcharpied

Return to OCS Technical Support