You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Set 'Director' as default?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Set 'Director' as default?

Postby btcharpied » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I hadn't seen it in the searches I conducted.

I'm trying to find a way to set a specific individual (Director) as the default. While I greatly appreciate the depth of OCS in regard to delegating track chairs and such, our conference has one individual (our Program Chair, a.k.a. 'Director') that handles all of the paper delegations. Is there some way to set this individual as the default for each paper rather than going to each individual submission and hitting 'set self'?

Re: Set 'Director' as default?

Postby ramon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello BTC,

If memory serves, the only way to accomplish this is to assign the Director to each Track.
This way, he will automatically be assigned to any submission.
However, in OCS, it seems you'll have to register the user as a Track Director as well for it to work.
You may have to reconsider registering that user as Director, as there will be an extra role in the user's home.

Re: Set 'Director' as default?

Postby btcharpied » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Seems like a suitable work around. Okay, so I'd simply then operate as the 'Director' and then list the actual director as the Track Director...I'll give it a shot.

Much appreciated!

Return to OCS Technical Support