OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Hosting and support services required

Users wishing to hire or seeking employment may post their information here. Additionally, we also encourage the posting of volunteer opportunities to this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Employment

Are you looking for someone to help install, maintain or customize one of our software packages for you? Please feel free to post employment and volunteer opportunities related to PKP software here. We will remove any non-related posts unless they are of particular interest.

Volunteering

If you are looking to volunteer, or are looking for a volunteer for your project, please post here. We will also occasionally post volunteer requests as well.

Hosting and support services required

Postby Alan Freeman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:30 pm

The Association for Heterodox Economics (AHE) hosts an annual conference and is migrating its previous site to OCS. We have funds allocated to this purpose. We are looking for a stable relationship with a supplier who can offer:

(1) helping us get our site up, running, and bugfree. We are kind of halfway there, but the learning curve is too steep for us given our commitments and free time.

(2) technical support and help for users of our site, of the 'I-can't-do-this-what-do-I-do-next' type. We are reliant on volunteer labour and have little technical expertise to call on (we have some, but it's not really able to deal with routine technical queries on a regular basis. We're having enough trouble with the economy)

(3) migrating an existing base of users and presentations from 10 past conferences - around 500 papers in all.

(4) ideally, but not necessarily, providing or facilitating hosting services

(5) on a medium-term basis, discussing and working with us to develop interactivity (probably outside the OCS system) around our lively discussions.

This is probably a job for an outfit rather than a person, but all offers considered. The most important requirement for us would be stability - we just want to hand this all over to somebody who will take care of it

AHE is UK based but has an international presence - about half our average 120 delegates come from outside the UK, particularly US/Canada, Australia, India, Latin America, mainland Europe, and Turkey. The annual conference is in its 11th year and we are growing pretty fast. Conference language is English.

You can see some (but not all) our past conferences at http://www.hetecon.com/

If interested please respond on this BB.

Alan Freeman
AHE coordinator
Alan Freeman

Re: Hosting and support services required

Postby jamief » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 am

I would be interested in discussing this project with you. I generally work alone, but have a small team of people I train in these kinds of jobs (usually in Joomla). But since I have a lot of experience with CMS I would be happy to look at this project.

I am a native English Speaker although I work out of Spain.

You can contact me directly through my web (www.campusconexion.com)
jamief

Re: Hosting and support services required

Postby scholartime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Hello,

It's my pleasure see your post here.
We can help new and small journal publishers for OJS hosting, technical support and publishing consultation.
You may find our information at: www.scholartime.com
If you have any questions, I would like to help you.

Bill Z.
help@scholartime.com
www.scholartime.com
scholartime

Return to Consulting, Employment, and Volunteer Opportunities