OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Customising the navbar template - Search link

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Customising the navbar template - Search link

Postby Gizzard » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to apply our University branding to the harvester - all the navbar links work ok but I can't find where the "Search" link is created. In templates/common/navbar.tpl there is this reference:

Code: Select all
{call_hook name="Templates::Common::Header::Navbar"}

but I don't know where the actual link lies?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary
Gizzard

Re: Customising the navbar template - Search link

Postby Gizzard » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello again,

I suppose this also leads me to the question of this syntax in general ie. what does the syntax Templates::Common::Header::Navbar denote? Classes? Templates? And where can they be found? For example, now I want to edit the left sidebar code, but can't find it:

{call_hook|assign:"leftSidebarCode" name="Templates::Common::LeftSidebar"}

Thanks,
Gary
Gizzard

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi Gary,

The code you are seeing is a plugin hook -- it simply establishes a spot in the code where a plugin can insert new custom code. In this case, the new code being inserted is generated by whichever search plugin you are using, most likely the generic MySQL Index Search plugin. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you can give me a bit more detail, I can suggest ways to modify that part of the interface.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Gizzard » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Ah ok, thanks James,

I'm trying to apply our University styling to an Open Harvester instance. In this particular case, for example, the search link in the navbar template needs to have a <span> element inserted so my Uni stylesheets can pick it up and apply the appropriate CSS styles.

Regards,
Gary
Gizzard

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Gary,

Gotcha. You may have decent enough luck wrapping your span tag around that plugin hook call -- give that a try and if you can't get the result you're looking for, let me know and I'll look further into how to style the plugin itself.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Gizzard » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks James,
Wrapping the <span> around the hook call didn't work, but I managed to find where the link is created in the plugin. For those interested, it's in plugins/generic/mysqlIndex/MysqlIndexPlugin.inc.php, and the function is:

/**
         * Add the search link to the header.
         */
        function navBarCallback($hookName, $args) {
                $output =& $args[2];
                $output .= '<li><a href="' . Request::url('misearch', 'index') . '">' . Locale::translate('navigation.search') . '</a></li>';
                return false;
        }

Cheers,
Gary
Gizzard

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development