OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section editor notice upon author revision upload

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Section editor notice upon author revision upload

Postby leahmessenger » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:10 am

Hi there!

I am trying to help a journal's editorial board understand a small element relating to auto-generated emails (in OJS 2.3.4) that does not seem to be working for them.

The problem this journal is experiencing rlates to this part of system (excerpt from the Userguide):

"If the decision is Revisions Required, the Author will need to make the required changes and upload them for you to view. Once this is done, you will receive an email and will be able to access the revised file by clicking on the Author Version link."

For some reason, the section editors are not receiving email when the author uploads that revised file.

1. Can you confirm this isn't a bug?
2. I've looked through their settings and I don't see anything that would be preventing this, but can you point me at anything in setup that would relate to this?
3. Is there anything that might happen on the author end that would result in that email not being sent?

Thanks for your help with this - we can't see any reason why this isn't working and are stumped -

Leah
leahmessenger

Re: Section editor notice upon author revision upload

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Leah,

It may be that the Authors simply aren't using the email notification option after they resubmit/revise their submission. If you take a look at Figure 5.3.1 here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2. ... eview.html, you'll see that there's a Notify Editor email icon available to the author; this is the only notification option at present, ie., there is no additional email notification that the author will receive automatically on file upload. There *should* be a notification option available for editors to receive notifications on the submission of any new revised file, but there currently isn't; I've submitted this as a feature request here. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates. And until then, your best bet may be to modify the "EDITOR_DECISION_REVISIONS" prepared email to include specific instructions to the author to use the notification email when finished revising the submission.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Section editor notice upon author revision upload

Postby leahmessenger » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:01 am

Great, this is exactly the information I needed, thank you very much James!
leahmessenger

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion