OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

installing in windows 2000

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

installing in windows 2000

Postby vazquezm » Tue May 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Dear Alec,

now I am trying to install OCS, but the install.php is not compatible with the last versions of database. I have tried with Postgress 8.1 and with MySql 5.0.

Could be possible that you modify the install.php to be compatible?.

Thank you.
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Tue May 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi Vazquezm,

We're beginning a complete rewrite of OCS to bring its code up-to-date; in the meantime, however, you may need to downgrade. Alternately, if you can provide me with specific error messages, I can suggest a work-around; however, we're not likely to release an interim version before the complete rewrite is finished.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby vazquezm » Wed May 10, 2006 2:48 am

Hi Alec,

do you have any idea of the time that you need to rewrite OCS?, could be 2-3 month?, or more?.

regards.
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 am

Hi vazquezm,

It'll be more than 2-3 months; we'll establish a more concrete timeline shortly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vazquezm » Sat May 20, 2006 7:55 am

Dear Alec,

I got to install OCS in win2000.
But I have this error:

Home > Abstract and Paper Submission

Abstract and Paper Submission

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ABSTRACT, expecting ']' in C:\www\congress\include\submitform.inc.php on line 863

In this line I have found:
Code: Select all
863       $abstract = $items[abstract];
It is seem that the solution is easy, but how I have not idea of php, I will be gratefull with your help.

Manuel
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Mon May 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Manuel,

This error occurs because "abstract" is now a reserved keyword in PHP. You'll have to make changes like the following in many places.

Change from:
$abstract = $items[abstract];
to
$abstract = $items['abstract'];
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vazquezm » Wed May 24, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Alec,

thank you, with this change I can continue.

Now the problem that when I want to see a paper

I get a lot of errors like this:

Warning: include_once(include/db.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\www\congreso\rst\config.inc.php on line 27

But the file is there. I think that is a problem of indication to the path but I do not how to correct this.

thank you for the help,

Manuel
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Wed May 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Manuel,

If you're running on a Windows server, you'll need to change OCS to use the correct path separator (";" instead of ":") in include/common.inc.php. Change line 31 from:
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ":" . ini_get("include_path"));
to
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ";" . ini_get("include_path"));
You'll need to make the same change in include/db.inc.php as well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vazquezm » Wed May 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi Alec,

good job, I fixed this.

Now a new litle problem:

When I see and abstract and click on view metadata, it open a new window with this error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\www\congreso\rst\functions.inc.php on line 166

Warning: join() [function.join]: Bad arguments. in C:\www\congreso\rst\functions.inc.php on line 166

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\www\congreso\rst\functions.inc.php on line 167

Warning: join() [function.join]: Bad arguments. in C:\www\congreso\rst\functions.inc.php on line 167

how can I correct this?

Manuel
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Wed May 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi Manuel,

Unfortunately, the current release of OCS is rather old and PHP has changed significantly since it was released. OCS will probably generate a number of warnings like these; I'd suggest redirecting them to a log file (see your system's php.ini) and ignoring the majority of them. They're harmless.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support