OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Comprehensive View of Review Results?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Comprehensive View of Review Results?

Postby btcharpied » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:16 pm

After having just run through my first submit-and-review test I noticed that the review overview page doesn't show the ratings and/or decisions given on the custom form that I have implemented.

This creates a great inefficiency as our conference is peer-reviewed by three volunteers on each paper. With 250+ papers being submitted, that is 750+ reviews, each of which would have to be viewed individually under the current format from what I can tell.

Is there any way to view such a comprehensive result on the page? Or to export such into tables of some sorts? I have to imagine others have run into this issue. Any suggestions?

Best,

-Brandon
btcharpied

Re: Comprehensive View of Review Results?

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Brandon,

OCS 2.3+ includes a review report that contains just about all of that information, including the reviewer recommendations and comments on paper, IIRC. One thing it does not contain is the reviewer rating, if there is one. I've Created a bug report here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6776. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report, but note that I don't believe OCS 2.1.x includes the Review report, and we likely won't backport it.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Comprehensive View of Review Results?

Postby btcharpied » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:25 pm

In regard to my prior issues, I reinstalled the most up-to-date version and I have it working perfectly. No clue why my one file went haywire in the prior installs, but all is right in the world of 2.3 now :D

I guess I just didn't look hard enough at that area and will go back and see where the comprehensive data is offered. I assume it is listed on the review overview screen?
btcharpied

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion