OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Failure to send emails to hotmail and gmail accounts

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Failure to send emails to hotmail and gmail accounts

Postby grechan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Support Team,

I have tried to be editor or author role to register a journal and submit the articles. For my company account, I can receive all emails like registration acknowledgement, submission acknowledgement etc. But for hotmail or gmail accounts, I cannot receive any email on registration acknowledgement etc. Please help, thanks.
grechan

Re: Failure to send emails to hotmail and gmail accounts

Postby grechan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Please kindly reply, thanks.
grechan

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi grechan,

You'll have to specify more information on how your mail setup is configured in OJS. Also, you should check your hotmail and gmail spam folders to see if those emails are being flagged as spam.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby grechan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I did not change anything in the mail setup. Where can I see configuration of mail setup?
Also I have checked the spam folders and did not receive anything. Thanks.
grechan

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Grechan,

All mail configuration parameters can be found in your config.inc.php file. You will find more information on configuring mail in docs/README, and also here. You may also find mail error messages in your server's mail log or your mail log.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby grechan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm

How can I find email settings on my ojs website? I cannot find the config.inc.php file. Thanks.
grechan

Postby grechan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 pm

I did not change any settings. But currently only myself @ppp.com.hk email accounts can receive. Other email accounts like hotmail, gmail etc can not receive submission acknowledgement, username and password etc. This is strange.
grechan

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi grechan,

Your config.inc.php file is a configuration file; it can be found in your root OJS directory on your server. You can also view and potentially edit it from Site Administration -> System Information. Don't forget to check your server's error and mail logs for messages -- talk to your hosting provider for more information on how to do this.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby scholartime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 pm

I guess hotmail and gmail take them as junked email, and reject them.

Bill Z.
help@scholartime.com
www.scholartime.com
scholartime

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion