OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

User registration email

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

User registration email

Postby grechan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Currently I see there is email template "journal registration" for the purpose of registration and getting username & password. But I cannot see this can be enabled to send to authors for registration. What should I do? Thanks.
grechan

Re: User registration email

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi grechan,

That email is used to confirm the user's registration with the site -- they should see it after they register via the journal "Register" link. It should be enabled by default; it's not the kind of email you can send out to request users to register with the journal.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby grechan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Currently it cannot see the registration username and password after I register using any email accounts. What should I do? Thanks.
grechan

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi grechan,

I don't quite understand -- where are you expecting to see the username and password? Can you describe exactly what you are doing, and where you aren't seeing what you expect?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby grechan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 pm

If users register, can the user registration email also be sent to the journal manager?
grechan

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi grechan,

No, not currently.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion