OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Some improvement for OJS

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Some improvement for OJS

Postby madeta » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Could you give me some hints about them?
Thank you very much for everything.

Best regards,

Jan Latal
Attachments
OJS-PDF_icon.PNG
PDF
OJS-PDF_icon.PNG (14.4 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
OJS-PDF_icon2.PNG
PDF icon in OJS?
OJS-PDF_icon2.PNG (22.01 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
OJS.PNG
codes for language
OJS.PNG (19.17 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
madeta

Re: Some improvement for OJS

Postby madeta » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 am

Please tell me, how to visualised the keywords of the articles bellow abstract in all issues :?:
I have OJS 2.3.4.0
madeta

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Jan,

To make the "Full Text" text bold, you will have to edit the appropriate template file. That For the abstract view, that would be templates/article/article.tpl. You will want to find the line that looks like:

Code: Select all
{translate key="reader.fullText"}

... and put some HTML <strong>...</strong> tags around the code. Try experimenting, but don't forget to back up your original copy.

To change the language indexing options on the article submission/metadata page, you will have to edit the locale file locale/en_US/author.xml (or use the Custom Locale plugin, found in Journal Management -> System Plugins -> Generic Plugins) and change the value of the author.submit.languageInstructions key:

Code: Select all
<message key="author.submit.languageInstructions"><![CDATA[English=en; French=fr; Spanish=es. <a href="http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php" target=    "_blank">Additional codes</a>.]]></message>

To add keywords to the article abstracts, follow the advice or apply the patch listed here, or upgrade to the most recent version of OJS.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby madeta » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:02 am

Hi James, thank you for your answers.
I would like to ask you, if you have some experience with implementation of Pdf icon in to OJS?

jan
madeta

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi Jan,

I haven't added a PDF icon myself, but you can do so by adding an img link to the appropriate place in the appropriate template file. In this case, you will want to edit the abstract file according to my previous instructions to add the img link to the abstract page; and edit templates/issue/issue.tpl to add the PDF img links to the Table of Contents.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to General Discussion