OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS userguide in source format?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS userguide in source format?

Postby Avaer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:59 am

Hello,

Thread a bit similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6198 . My company would like to have a version of userguide translated partially into polish.

Is it possible to obtain the userguide in source format? What is it (LaTeX, odt)?

With regards,
Maciej
Avaer

Re: OJS userguide in source format?

Postby ramon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:33 am

Hello Avaer,

If memory servers, you will need an account at GITHUB.
All current documentation appears to be in DocBook format.
You will find OxS documentation on PKP's documentation section in GITHUB.

You will need an XML Editor. In their Wiki page on documentation, you will find more information on this.
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Avaer,

I'll add one note to Ramon's excellent advice -- if you have any further questions about translating this document into Polish, please feel free to contact me directly at jmacgreg at gmail dot com. We would happily welcome a Polish version of our userguide!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Avaer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 am

Hello

Thank you for your responses, I managed to get this "working" (I mean the PDF generates).

I'm afraid my company would rather not share this work, since translator will have quite much to do, but I won't forget to ask on an occasion.

Regards,
Maciej
Avaer

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion