OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Stuck between editing and scheduling queue

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Stuck between editing and scheduling queue

Postby simonk » Mon May 15, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi, I think I have a situation of an article "stuck" between the editing and scheduling queues (says sent to scheduling, but doesn't appear anywhere in the scheduling list).

We now are running the current version OJS, after upgrading last week. I think this may have happened while we were still downlevel.

Any suggestions?
simonk

Postby asmecher » Tue May 16, 2006 9:20 am

Hi Simon,

If the article was sent to the archive from a published issue or the scheduling queue, then restored to active, it'll be stuck in the wrong queue; to correct this, run the following in MySQL:
Code: Select all
UPDATE articles SET status=2 WHERE article_id = [article_id_here];
...replacing, of course, [article_id_here] with the appropriate article ID. A status of 1 corresponds to an article in the editing queues; 2 corresponds to an article in the scheduling queue; and 3 indicates a published article.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby simonk » Sat May 20, 2006 8:56 am

Thank you Alec.

This article has a status of 1 currently in the database, but doesn't appear in either queue.
If I wanted to return it to the editing queue, should I change status to 2 and then back to 1?
simonk

Postby asmecher » Mon May 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Hi Simon,

To return it to the editing queue, try this:
Code: Select all
UPDATE proof_assignments SET date_scheduling_queue=NULL WHERE article_id=[article ID]
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Updating proof_assignments works

Postby daviding » Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm

Alec, thanks.

(We had a delay while the system administrator installed phpMyAdmin for us).

Your last instructions seems to have worked. Setting date_scheduling_queue to null resurfaces the button so that we can schedule again.

One additional question ... which is how we got to this situation in the first place .... How do other journals handle correcting or revising published papers? I can kind of see how this is done manually via MySQL, but does it work smoothly in an automated way?
daviding

Postby asmecher » Wed May 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi daviding,

This particular situation was due to a bug -- in the course of normal management of a journal, you shouldn't ever have to go into the database. In the case of published articles, all management functions remain open to the Editor even if they are closed off to other roles; if, for example, the Author no longer has access to perform a task because the submission has already been published, the Editor can still perform it for them. So far this has balanced editorial rigor with flexibility in a way that's suited most journals very well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support