OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Customizing registration options by registration type

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Customizing registration options by registration type

Postby RickMath » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Everyone

Is there a way to change the registration options for individual registration types?

I have several types for conference attendees and we are offing a special seminar that will also be open to non members. I would like to not show the options for the non member registration for the seminar.

Thanks and I will look forward to a response.

Rick ;)
RickMath

Re: Customizing registration options by registration type

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Rick,

We've already got a Bugzilla entry filed for this feature addition -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6156 -- but would love some help defining specifications. Would it be enough to hide certain registration options by registration type, or do you have something more comprehensive in mind?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Alec

Thanks for the quick response. At this point if I could just hide them, it would be fine. Is this an easy fix?

I know you can set different rates for the options by registration type or at least I think so.

Any idea on when the bug will be published?

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Rick,

It should be easy enough to modify the template not to display a registration option if the price is 0 -- this would be done in the templates/registration/userRegistrationForm.tpl template. That would be a good temporary fix, but as I can imagine that a price of 0 might be useful for cost-free options, it would only be a temporary fix. The best long-term fix would be to introduce a checkbox for showing/hiding the option, and that would take a little more coding.

This isn't a huge priority for us, as we haven't got a release of OCS officially planned yet, so I wouldn't expect it within a couple of months.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sasutton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:50 am

Apologies if this thread was picked up elsewhere, but are we any closer to being able to customize registration options by registration type. As this tread notes, it would be very useful to be able to toggle an option on and off with different registration types. I have registration types where certain options are absolutely nonsensical and can even lead to misunderstandings and unfortunate outcomes. For example, an optional conference banquet ticket makes no sense for a day registrant for whom the dinner is not an option. Leaving the fee at '0' in such a case is even worse since it implies that he or she will get that dinner for free by checking it off. I simply want the option to not appear for that registration type. Is editing templates/registration/userRegistrationForm.tpl still the only option? Or, have I (quite possibly) missed something.

Stuart
P.S. For some, editing the userRegistrationForm.tpl is a daunting taks :-(
sasutton

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Stuart,

As the status of the bug report linked to above suggests, this has not yet been committed to OCS. Please feel free to CC yourself to that bug report, and you will be notified of any updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion