OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Assign/Create a user and give System Admin right

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Assign/Create a user and give System Admin right

Postby chewr » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 am

Hi! I'm a newbie to OCS.

I have a question here, and hope someone will help me:

I just setup a OCS system, and there has only one "God like" admin account. Is there anyway to create or assign a user to have that "God like" admin right so that they can create new conference by themselves?

Provided that I'm not too familiar with mySQL and sql commands. Please help me with step by step instructions.

Thanks.
chewr

Re: Assign/Create a user and give System Admin right

Postby ramon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello chwer,

We recommend that you search the forum before posting questions and, IF you can't find a suitable answer, then post it.

If you have access to your database (either via PHPMyAdmin - PHP Web interface for MySQL, or PGAdmin - PHP Web Interface for PostgreSQL, or command line) use the INSERT command detailed in this post.

Change the user_id for the one you wish to provide full Admin Access.

You may consider, in this type of situation, to register a group email account for the Admin, instead of single-person account or creating multiple Admins.
Although more people will read the messages, at least one person will receive it, read it and take action.

It's up to you to decide the best practices in this case.
ramon

Return to OCS Technical Support