OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Request: XML export for IndexCopernicus

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Request: XML export for IndexCopernicus

Postby piotreba » Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 am

Hello, it would be nice to see plugin for exporting articles in XML to IndexCopernicus (www.indexcopernicus.com).

Peter.
piotreba

Re: Request: XML export for IndexCopernicus

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 24, 2011 6:58 am

Hi Peter,

Do you have any idea how popular the Index Copernicus service is? the entire site actually appears to be down at this point.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby piotreba » Wed May 25, 2011 3:58 am

This is worldwide service that indexes various scientific data, scientific journals and articles among others.
piotreba

Postby jmacgreg » Sat May 28, 2011 6:09 am

Hi Peter,

The site seems to be up again now. A few things:

I noticed on their license agreement page the following statement:

Each journal sent to Index Copernicus becomes a property of IC. IC has the right to get over sent journals to whoever without any notice to publisher/ editorial office/ owner or any institution owning and/or cooperating with a journal.

I'm not sure what the second part of that statement means, but the first part should definitely be worrisome to anyone who wants to retain rights to their journal. Maybe it's just an awkwardly-translated sentence, but on the face of it it's a copyright grab.

Also, I'm trying to figure out exactly what is needed to send information to them, but I can't find any instructions. They have a web form that can be filled out, but I can't see any other way to send data to them automatically, which would be the only way you could develop a plugin for OJS to work with them. OJS does support OAI-PMH for example, so presumably Index Copernicus could use this widely-understood and supported protocol to index journals that sign up with them.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development