OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Export data on papers

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Export data on papers

Postby stephanehess » Wed May 25, 2011 2:15 am

Hi,

I've been trying to find a good way of exporting the data on papers for our scheduled conference. The available export options are not ideal for various reasons.

What I would really need is a page that just summarises all the papers, together with the authors, and the paper id.

Most of our papers are still 'under review', and unfortunately that 'under review' screen only shows the surnames of the authors, and a shortened version of the paper title.

The ideal output would have the format that you get under the 'Scheduler' screen, which nicely shows the paper id, the title, and the full names for all the authors.

But the 'Scheduler' option clearly only works for papers already accepted. Is there any easy way of producing this type of output for all papers, whether accepted or under review? I had been thinking of using the xml output option, but aside from the fact that this will be in xml format which won't be easy to use for my purpose, it seems to similarly only work for accepted papers

Thanks

Stephane
stephanehess

Re: Export data on papers

Postby jmacgreg » Sat May 28, 2011 5:52 am

Hi Stephane,

Have you taken a look at the papers report option available from the Conference Manager's Home Page under the Scheduled Conference -> Report link? It should have everything you need, depending on which version of OCS you are using. (For example, presentation type and review comments were only added recently: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6627.)

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby stephanehess » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:32 am

Hi

I've just tried to use the new files from https://github.com/pkp/ocs/commit/1285f ... c997f5da87 in our old implementation of OCS (2.1.0-1), but this gives me

Fatal error: Call to undefined function __() in /home/sites/icmconference.org.uk/public_html/plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportPlugin.inc.php on line 48

Unfortunately, we're in the middle or running a conference, so I don't want to risk upgrading to a newer version of OCS at this point in time but could do with the paper report functionality.

Thanks

Stephane
stephanehess

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Stephane,

In recent releases of PKP applications there is a "__" function that maps to AppLocale::translate (for newer releases) or Locale::translate (for older ones). You'll need to change calls to "__" to use the *Locale::translate function, or add a "__" function to your own install.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stephanehess » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:30 am

Alec

thanks. I'm not sure I've done this right - sorry, not a PHP expert!

I've replaced all __ by Locale::translate but now I'm getting:

Fatal error: Class 'AppLocale' not found in /home/sites/icmconference.org.uk/public_html/plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportPlugin.inc.php on line 58

that line is:

AppLocale::requireComponents(array(LOCALE_COMPONENT_APPLICATION_COMMON, LOCALE_COMPONENT_PKP_SUBMISSION, LOCALE_COMPONENT_PKP_USER, LOCALE_COMPONENT_OCS_MANAGER));

would it be helpful if I sent you my files?

Best wishes

Stephane
stephanehess

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 am

Hi Stephane,

For your version, it looks like you'll also have to change AppLocale to Locale wherever it appears. Unfortunately I can only provide limited support for this -- back-porting new code to old installations is a low priority for us.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stephanehess » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am

sure, I understand. That didn't work, but we'll just have to leave it and upgrade after this current conference
stephanehess

Return to OCS Technical Support