OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with to view or download file.

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Problem with to view or download file.

Postby marcello » Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 am

Hello all,

I have problem with view or download file, I am use git source code in branch ojs-stable-2_3 and dir files with permissions 775, owner apache user.
I checked log and nothing, only some "asserts" warnings. Debian 6.0.1, Apache 2.2.16, Mysql 5.0.

If anybody can verify go to [0].

[0] http://revistas.ufg.br/teste/index.php/ ... /9041/8847

Thanks for any help.
marcello

Re: Problem with to view or download file.

Postby asmecher » Tue May 17, 2011 9:49 am

Hi marcello,

Please don't double-post -- we're a small team and will get to your post when we have the chance.

How did you upload the files? If you have a permission problem, you should encounter it then, not during download. Was the installation moved from one server to another?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby marcello » Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 pm

asmecher wrote:> Hi marcello,

> Please don't double-post -- we're a small team and will get to your post when we have the chance.

Ok, I'm sorry.

> How did you upload the files? If you have a permission problem, you should encounter it then, not during download. Was the installation moved from one server to another?

This files already existed and were submited by normal methods.
We are updated site from 2.3.4 version to version ojs-stable-2_3, in begin we did using source code tar.gz in now using git, just it, but the download file don't work.
I have 2 instances, one in 2.3.4 and other in ojs-stable-2_3, see link in one that's work [1] and another don't work [2].

[1] http://revistas.ufg.br/index.php/Opsis/ ... /9582/6632
[2] http://revistas.ufg.br/teste/index.php/ ... /9582/6632

> Regards,
> Alec Smecher
> Public Knowledge Project Team
marcello

Postby asmecher » Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi Marcello,

Have you double-checked that your files_dir is set correctly in config.inc.php? If it's set correctly, if you look in that directory you should find directories named "site", "journals", and "temp".

If the directory name is set properly in config.inc.php, then the next most likely problem is permissions -- when you set the permissions, did you set them recursively (i.e. with the -R options to chmod and chown)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Marcello,

One more note -- your files directory is currently directly accessible via the web server, which is a dangerous situation because an author could upload e.g. a PHP script and then execute it directly. Either move your files directory outside of the web server's root, or protect it e.g. using an .htaccess file.

See the "Recommended Configuration" section of docs/README (also available at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/README) for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby marcello » Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 am

asmecher wrote:> Hi Marcello,

> Have you double-checked that your files_dir is set correctly in config.inc.php? If it's set correctly, if you look in that directory you should find directories named > "site", "journals", and "temp".

Is set correctly, and checked the subdirs 'site','journals' and 'temp' exist.

> If the directory name is set properly in config.inc.php, then the next most likely problem is permissions -- when you set the permissions, did you set them recursively (i.e. with the -R options to chmod and chown)?

I've done it recursively. I checked that file exist using repositories browser in application.
It's very strange, do you have other suggestion?

> Regards,
> Alec Smecher
marcello

Postby marcello » Wed May 18, 2011 6:11 am

asmecher wrote:> Hi Marcello,

> One more note -- your files directory is currently directly accessible via the web server, which is a dangerous situation because an author could upload e.g. a PHP script and then execute it directly. Either move your files directory outside of the web server's root, or protect it e.g. using an .htaccess file.

> See the "Recommended Configuration" section of docs/README (also available at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/README) for details.

Ok, I did read many times, thanks by you attention.

> Regards,
> Alec Smecher
marcello

Postby marcello » Wed May 18, 2011 7:29 am

Hi Alec Smecher,

I think discovered the problem, I change debug to 'on' in config.inc.php and i got the sql for example:

"SELECT a.* FROM article_files a WHERE file_id = '55103' AND article_id = '9041' ORDER BY revision DESC LIMIT 1;",

I noted that the column 'type' was set to 'NULL' in other was set to 'public', changed to public and now is works.
Is possible that in migrate this columns had problems?
marcello

Postby asmecher » Wed May 18, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Marcello,

I haven't heard of that happening before -- if you're able to track down the source of the data with type = null and the version details, post them here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby marcello » Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Alec,

Version - install date
2.3.5.0 - 04-05-2011
2.3.4.0 - 04-03-2011
2.2.4.0 - 04-03-2011
2.2.2.0 - 28-01-2009
2.1.1.0 - 25-04-2007
2.1.0.1 - 07-06-2006

But don't know which upgrade the problem happened. I will do upgrade the version stable that yet is 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 (ojs-stable-2_3) in this afternoon and if problem occur I'll let in here.

Thanks!
marcello

Postby fixxion » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 am

Hi,

I struggled with the same problem. As manager, I could without a problem download any file, but submitting authors complained about the inaccessibility of the Word templates with predefined styles.

Being unable to change any params in the system, I created a dummy author who submitted 3 .docs. When an author connects with the given nickname (revealed in the Editorial Protocol), he can now download these files from the Summary page, the procedure being explained in the Abstract field.

I thought this might help until you make the /manager/files/ accessible for others.

Ivan Arickx

http://www.revue-critique-de-fixxion-francaise-contemporaine.org/index.php/rcffc/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
fixxion

Return to OJS Development