OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Body of Email

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Change Body of Email

Postby balkan » Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 am

James,
I have chacked this file and it was written like that:
Code: Select all
'paperId' => $trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(),

I have changed as you said :
Code: Select all
'paperId' => $trackDirectorSubmission->getId(),

Again is not working. All the others like: authors name, name of the paper, track, dates ... are good, only Paper ID is missing (is not editing) at all. We can see ]'paperId' in every emails (I have tried with all emails send to authors).

Does it working with paperID in your OCS software, I really do not know what to do?

Thanks a lot,
Olivija
balkan

Postby mcrider » Wed May 11, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Olivija,

Try applying this patch to your version of OCS -- This should make the paperId variable available to all paper-related emails:
https://github.com/pkp/ocs/commit/66c257914f36f7aae774a3c64d01477620ad19e0.diff

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby balkan » Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot, it is working well now. SUPEREERRR,

Regards,
Olivija
balkan

Postby balkan » Fri May 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Matt;
Please do you know how can I include the Session Type in the prepared emails ? Probably, I have to do some patch, like you told me for Paper Number.
Thanks,
Olivija
balkan

Postby tshore » Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm

I would love to see many more variables available for every prepared email. And then, there could be a list of all these variables underneath the edit window for the body of the email.
tshore

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 am

Hi folks,

Actually, we've already posted a feature request regarding listing available email templates, here. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates. I've also reassigned the bug to OCS 2.3.4, although there's no guarantee that it will be completed in the near future.

I don't believe Session Type is currently available for prepared emails, but we can look into adding it. Trudy, if you have other recommendations, please let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tshore » Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 am

definitely session type
- People need to know whether they're presenting a poster or giving a talk, for example, as this sometimes has been changed from the session type they selected when submitting their abstracts

acronym
start date (formatted?)
end date (formatted?)

some registration details:
amount paid
payment method
registration type
registration options

I'm sure that there are many others that conference organizers would find useful. This is all that I could think of off the top of my head.
tshore

Postby jmacgreg » Wed May 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks, Trudy, I've added a feature request here. I'll see if I can prioritize the variable listing option first off.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support