OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editing icons missing

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editing icons missing

Postby rweatherford » Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 am

I am attempting to add content to my pages but I noticed that in all areas where one can add content the icons for the editing buttons are missing from below all fields where this option is available. See attachment.

After some digging it looks as though this could be a Tiny MCE issue. I have no idea how to fix though as I am not savvy enough on the technical side to know what steps to take. A simple step-by-step guide would be very helpful.
Attachments
missingicons.jpg
missingicons.jpg (344.15 KiB) Viewed 619 times
rweatherford

Re: Editing icons missing

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi rweatherford,

Some things to try:

-- try clearing your template and data caches from the Site Administrator menu;

-- check to see if the images are present. You will need to FTP to the server to check this. Look in

Code: Select all
 lib/pkp/lib/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes/simple/img/

and

Code: Select all
 lib/pkp/lib/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/img/

-- double-check that permissions are set correctly for those directories and files. See thisFAQ entry for more information.

-- follow the advice in this thread for more advanced trouble-shooting options.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion