OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Automated Review Reminders

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Automated Review Reminders

Postby garde » Wed May 11, 2011 6:01 am

Dear all,

is it correct that there is only one email template for automatically reminding reviewers to
    a) respond to a review REQUEST and
    b) ask them to submit their review?

In the journal policies setup it says, that
Automated email reminders can be sent to reviewers at two points:
If reviewer has not responded to a review request within X days.
If reviewer has not submitted a recommendation within Y days after review's due date.

We would like to automatically remind reviewers in both cases.
This works, but both reminders seem to use 'REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK' or 'REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO' (depending on your one click settings).

However, I believe that these reminders need to be quite specific to be useful and a general one that catches both is not really sufficient.

Am I missing something or is there no way to configure different emails for these two events?

Best regards
Sebastian

In addition (just an idea) it may be useful to have a third type of reminder to remind reviewers a day or two BEFORE the review is due.
I am increasingly receiving emails like that (when I am a reviewer somewhere) and I think it is a really polite way of reminding reviewers that their review is due soon (i.e. before they have missed the dealine and thus give them the chance to submit in time)
garde

Re: Automated Review Reminders

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Garde,

Thanks for your comments! This has already been reported as a feature request (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5778), although it wasn't added to OJS 2.3.4 and won't be in 2.3.5.

And I think your other suggestion makes sense -- I've submitted it as a feature request as well (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6646). Please feel free to CC yourself to either/both of those reports for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby aleskl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:17 am

I would also very much like to have different email templates for both auto review reminders. The temporary solution I used is that I disabled the email sent to a reviewer that doesn't respond in 5 days.
-Ales
aleskl

Postby nef » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 am

Hi
It hasn't been fixed in the 2.4.2 edition neither,
Regards
NielsErik
nef

Postby asmecher » Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi all,

Bug #5778 has not yet been implemented, and we're currently focusing our attention on the forthcoming OJS 3.0 release. On the other hand, it's a fairly simple modification; code contributions are welcome.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support