OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Feature rqst: Send submission ack e-mail to all authors

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Feature rqst: Send submission ack e-mail to all authors

Postby jksrecko » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am

Hi,

When setting up OJS for a journal, I was requested to configure OJS to send submission acknowledgement e-mail to all the authors. Set aside reasons for the request, this might be a useful feature to have in OJS.

Of course, I've patched the production system, but not in line with development guidelines. To properly implement it, I'd have to define a journal setting, make it editable somewhere on the journal setup pages, and use it in templates and actions for the last step of the submission process. I'd probably have to define another locale key, to display different message at the last submission step.

Any suggestions?
jksrecko

Re: Feature rqst: Send submission ack e-mail to all authors

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 am

Hi jsrecko,

Your steps sound reasonable to me; if you have any specific implementation questions, please feel free to let us know; and of course, we'd love to see a patch when you're done!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jksrecko » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:03 am

Here comes the patch, announced long time ago...

It's against OJS-2.3.3-3 version (latest stable).

Notice that I changed some existing message keys to reflect what's truly going on in the system. Those are author.submit.confirmationDescription and manager.setup.notifications.description.

Comments are welcome.
Attachments
SubmissionAckAllAuthors.patch
Send submission ack to all authors feature implementation.
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
jksrecko

Postby asmecher » Mon May 09, 2011 4:47 am

Hi jksrecko,

Thanks for contributing; I've filed the new feature under http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6638 and we'll review it prior to the release of OJS 2.4. (The 2.3.x "stable" line probably won't receive any new features that involve localization key changes, as we'd need to coordinate a round of translation updates, which is currently out of scope for the stable line.)

See also http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2928 for a related entry on allowing co-authors to access the submission status pages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development