OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Starting a new plugin

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Re: Starting a new plugin

Postby mary » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Alternatively, I believe you can also upload the plugin to the right directory via ftp, and then run OJS' upgrade script; the script finds and adds any new plugins' version.xml file information.

Apologies for the obtuseness, but which upgrade script is this? Neither of these seem to do it:

Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php check

php tools/upgrade.php latest

I haven't checked "download" and "patch" yet but I'm reluctant to, since I don't want to upgrade OJS itself, I want it to see my plugin.
mary

Postby mary » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

mary wrote:Apologies for the obtuseness, but which upgrade script is this?

Got it:

php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

Seems foolish, but this isn't actually one of the options presented by
php tools/upgrade.php
so I completely forgot about it.
mary

Postby MMeijer » Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 am

Hi James,

Back after two weeks holiday, it's a nice surprise to see that my findings about uploading/deleting supplemental files have been escalated to official bugs.
Thanks!

However, with regard to my conceived plugin, the most serious "bug" is the absence of any hooks in the "supplemental_files_editing" part of OJS.

jmacgreg wrote:Your further questions regarding adding plugin functionality to the supplementary files pages is beyond my knowledge, so I'll be passing this thread on to a developer who will get back to you shortly.

OK, I'll be waiting ...

gr. Maarten
MMeijer

Postby mcrider » Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Maarten,

There's not much to be done about the hooks but adding them yourself. Typically though, if there is a good reason to have new hooks in the system, we can include them in an official release. Just create a bug and submit a patch (or make a pull request on github) and we will likely put it in the official codebase.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Previous

Return to OJS Development