OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with multiple block plugins

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem with multiple block plugins

Postby sasutton » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 am

I am running OCS 2.3.3.1. We have been successful using the custom block manager in adding a single custom block to a sidebar. Although the custom block manager at /manager/plugin/generic/CustomBlockManagerPlugin/settings allows for creation of multiple blocks, only the last-created block shows up in /manager/plugins/blocks.

Stuart
sasutton

Re: Problem with multiple block plugins

Postby asmecher » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Stuart,

I suspect this is bug #4887 http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4887 -- try the patch there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sasutton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 am

Alec, we tried to install the patch and the tech folks at UW iSchool IT say the following:

"Well Stuart, I’m sorry to say that I too am stuck. I was able to get the first of the two files patched, but the second (CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php) does not appear to be the same version as they’re trying to patch."

Thoughts?

Stuart
sasutton

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Stuart,

Actually, the first part of the patch is the part I was thinking of. If that part has been applied, see if that corrects the problem. Having the first part of the patch applied, but not the second, won't interfere in this case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sasutton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 pm

No, Alec, the problem remains. As before, I am able to create a new custom block which then shows up along with the previous, successfully created block in /plugin/generic/CustomBlockManagerPlugin/settings. However, only the new plugin appears in /plugins/blocks. Again, the first one returns to /plugins/blocks and functions as expected when the newly created one is deleted.

I can ask for a specific file(s) for you to see if that would help (and you tell me which file(s))?

Stuart
sasutton

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Stuart,

Let's work on the second half of the patch, then. All it does is add a getName() function to the plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php file; can you check if that function already exists? If not, add it from the patch i.e.:
Code: Select all
   /**
    * Get the symbolic name of the plugin.
    * @return string
    */
   function getName() {
      return $this->blockName;
   }
If not, then we'll have to keep looking.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sasutton » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

Alec, again thanks for your help. Problem solved!

Stuart
sasutton

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion