OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to "notify author to pay fee"

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to "notify author to pay fee"

Postby biomat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm

The Scheduling section (Home > User > Editor > Submissions > #xxx > Editing) contains the message:
Publication Fee not paid. To schedule item for publication notify author to pay fee or waive fee.
and there are two icons to choose from: Payment Received and Waive.

1. Where is the link to notify the author to pay fee? How to send an invoice? How about a reminder link?

2. How can the prepared email requesting payment be used?
Last edited by biomat on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biomat

Re: How to "notify author to pay fee"

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Biomat,

A reminder email link doesn't currently exist, but it's a good idea -- I've filed here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6584. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby biomat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Thank you. What about the part:
notify author to pay fee...
How is that supposed to be done?

Does anyone know:

1. Where is there a link to notify the author to pay fee, or how to send an invoice?

2. How can the prepared email requesting payment be used?

I cannot find any way to do the above within the system and I'm wondering if there is a problem with my installation or if the payment feature is just not quite worked out yet. It seems rather unlikely that there would be a hint to send a message and no way to do so within the system.
biomat

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Biomat,

I think that is unfortunately a case where the payment system hasn't been fully worked out yet; but I'll ask a developer to confirm this.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion