OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Request for input: multilingual support and OJS/OCS

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Request for input: multilingual support and OJS/OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi Tadas,

Is there any way you could upgrade? The language component to OJS has seen a lot of upgrade work since OJS 2.3.1, and would be best if you were to move up to the most recent code so that you would not run into other bugs that have already been solved.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Tadas » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 am

I want to do upgrade, but as I saw in upgrade description it only could be done through ssh, but I only have FTP/WEB access...
Tadas

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Tadas,

If you have FTP access, you can upload the new OJS files, and then run the upgrade script from the web as described in docs/UPGRADE. (Look for the section called "Upgrading the OJS database", point #2, which describes how to run the upgrade script from the web.)

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mirkh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 am

I'm supposed to upgrade our OJS from 2.2.4.0 to 2.3.4. I did so for a copy of our OJS site. Then we noticed that the previous version's language code for Swedish was incorrect (sv_SV). http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6519 Got answer from you on how to update the database to use sv_SE instead (mysql dump and then search / replace) and did that. Thanks.

Anyway, the people who created our journals have, perhaps because of this error, entered a couple of journals in Swedish, but the setting has been default language English. Now we need to correct this, as the cover art is not visible if you choose to view the journal in Swedish, and the pdf:s say "(in English)" although they're in Swedish.

Question: Is there a todo list / script / command for copying all content of a journal to one more language? One of these journals has scanned issues dating back from 1897 and it would take ages to add all images to a Swedish version.

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Maria
mirkh

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support