OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OMP status.

To discuss the technical development of the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

OMP status.

Postby bdgregg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:29 am

All,

Just curious to the status of a release of OMP. We see on the road map that it looks like Q4 2010 objectives haven't been met yet and we were hoping that the road map was just not updated. We are looking forward to start working with the software as soon as it becomes available.

Can you give us an idea as to when might we see a release?
bdgregg

Re: OMP status.

Postby jrshaffner » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 am

Also, we will it be possible to migrate OJS database and published issues to OMP? Thank you in advance!
jrshaffner

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi Brian,

We'll definitely be following up with you folks at UPitt about testing and deploying OMP (I believe we'll be talking with Vanessa next week, and OMP will be sure to be discussed). But in a nutshell, we're looking to have a .9 release ready in a month, I believe, and a 1.0 version in September.

jrshaffner -- this won't be an option immediately, but it may be something that will be facilitated one way or another in time, provided there's a use-case (which I think there is, myself).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby iniciativaupc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:39 am

Dear OMP Team,
I'm member of a Research-Publishing Dept. of the UPC (Barcelona Tech University).

In the 4-year project of this Dept. I'm in charge of the deployment of a shared editing-publishing platform.
As part of my work I'm developing a plugin for OHS and I eventually cross with this project (OMP). This is very core-related with the definition and use-cases that we build for the construction of our system.
We studied the matter and my boss gave me authorization to ask your team for permission to help in the development of the project. That is: ask what you need, we can begin with few minor development tasks before having a bigger relation. If not, we can begin conversations about relationship between both institutions (PKP and Barcelona Tech University).

I'm at your disposal, my email is raimon.lapuente@upc.edu.

Yours,
Raimon
iniciativaupc

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Raimon,

Thanks, that sounds like a great opportunity! I'll pass your email along to Kevin, who is broadly taking care of community development, and will likely be in touch with you myself soon after that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kstranac » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Raimon,

It is great to hear about your project. I'll add your name to our OMP contact list, which will keep you up-to-date on our developments.

All the best,
Kevin
kstranac
Site Admin

Postby iniciativaupc » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:20 am

Thanks Alec and Kevin for your quick answer and the email.
I'll continue from there.

Best regards,
Raimon.
iniciativaupc

Postby Garant » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:28 am

Hi!
Just wondering what's the status of OMP 1.1 ?
In the roadmap it was written that it should be released in February. A small delay :) ?
Garant

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 am

Hi Garant,

It nearly got released yesterday -- chances for today are very good.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Development