OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OAI support for deleted records in OJS

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OAI support for deleted records in OJS

Postby libsupport » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:06 am

Hello OJS devs,

I would like to know if there is a plan to include support for OAI persistent/transient handling of deleted records (in compliance to the OAI-PMH standard). From what I see in line 282 of /lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAI.inc.php, the policy deletedRecord=no is hardcoded:
"\t\t<deletedRecord>no</deletedRecord>\n" . // FIXME Support deleted records?

It would be REALLY useful for an external harvester to know if a record in the listset is deleted (as opposed to non-existent). From what i see a similar request has been made in 2009 for OHS: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4927

Thanks in advance,
Theodoros
libsupport

Re: OAI support for deleted records in OJS

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Theodoros,

While we'd like to add tombstone support, it's not currently a priority for us. If you think you might be able to contribute this support, I'd be happy to talk about approaches.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development