OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Marking/tagging presenations

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Marking/tagging presenations

Postby dresimple » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 am

Is there a way to mark the submissions as oral presentations or poster presentations and not panel?
dresimple

Re: Marking/tagging presenations

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi dresimple,

More recent versions of OCS allow you to create and describe your own submissions types, which are then available to be chosen by authors. This option is available under Scheduled Conference Setup Step 2 -- I can't remember offhand when it was added to OCS, though.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby dresimple » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 am

James,

Thanks for responding, I am running version 2.1.1.2. do you know if it would be included in that version?

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong in terms of how am posting but it take a very long time before someone answer a post. Is it always like this?

Dresimple
http://ocs.mona.uwi.edu/ocs/
dresimple

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi dresimple,

I'm afraid that you'll have to upgrade to a more recent version of OCS to use the submission type feature. OCS 2.3+ includes many, many new features that you may find interesting.

And regarding the response time: we're a small team, and while we try to do our best to provide free support on the forum, we have only so much time to do so. We try to get to all questions as soon as we can.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby dresimple » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 am

Thank you for your aid so far. I would like to get to know this system so I can be of some aid to others.For my problem above, I can not do an upgrade right now until some testing have been done. If I added tracks, one for oral presentation and the other poster, this would be temporary fix but am not sure if this will alter anything else in the system. Can you please advise?
dresimple

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi dresimple,

I think you would be fine just to add tracks as you suggest. It won't affect an eventual upgrade.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support