OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Enabling the Donations function

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Enabling the Donations function

Postby janer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 am

Hello,

We are running a test site prior to upgrading to the latest version of OJS, and I am trying to enable the Donations block to appear in the right-hand column. I have been into the Journal Manager pages and ensured that Donations is moved across to the RH column in section 5.6 of Setup, and under Payments I have ticked the top button in General Options to enable this section, specified the currency, and then ticked the bottom button to enable Donations - but still nothing appears in the RH column onscreen.

The only other thing I can think of that may be blocking this is the setting up of the PayPal Account - something I cannot do for the test site - does that need to be live before the Donations block will show onscreen?

Many thanks

Janer
janer

Re: Enabling the Donations function

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Janer,

Can you try enabling the Paypal account using the Sandbox information? (You'll need to set up a developer account, but that's easy enough.) Otherwise, you may have to enable and "configure" (ie. save) the Manual payment option. IIRC, one or the other option has to be configured/saved before items that require payments are activated.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion