OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Integration into Joomla login?

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Integration into Joomla login?

Postby imrush » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi there - I am working on a site with Uvic on European Union expert profile (eucanet.org). The site is using the latest Joomla software, do you know of a way to integrate the login so that when experts logs in to Joomla they also are logged into PKP?

Thanks in advance.
imrush

Re: Integration into Joomla login?

Postby vilejers » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am

Hi,
I like to know how it may, if possible, to integrate to joomla as well. Any information about this will be fine.

Thank you.
vilejers

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Imrush, vilejers,

Jaime, one of our community members has developed a Joomla integration plugin, which is available for a small fee. More info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5287.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jamief » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 am

I have FINALLY created an english demonstration of the JFusion plugin for both OCS and OJS integration for Joomla.
The demo site currently uses Joomla 1.5 and the latest JFusion 1.5.5.

When the Jfusion 1.6 is stable with Joomla 1.6, I will give it a whirl. But for now, since Jfusion does not install well on Joomla 1.6 I am only supporting Joomla 1.5.

You can try the plugin here:

http://demo.conferencewebs.com (The main article describes the testing process)

You can read about my work on integration of Joomla and PKP software here. http://pkp.sfu.ca/quickstudy5
jamief

Postby jamief » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

jmacgreg wrote:Jaime, one of our community members
Cheers,
James

Actually, although I live in Spain, I'm a Canadian by birth, so I still go with Jamie! :P
jamief

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 am

Hey Jamie,

Hah -- you caught me! Apologies for the typo. Having myself been called every single variation on the name "James" at some point (Jimbo being my least favourite in particular), I'm normally quite careful about the spelling. :D

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby egal » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:42 am

hey jamief: your JFusion plugin for OCS integration for Joomla looks great! exactly what i've been looking for. only thing is, that i'm on joomla 1.64... so i can't wait for you to release it for 1.6x, when jfusion for 1.6x comes around (the alpha2 for jfusion for j1.6x has been released in march.. hope it'll be ready soon).
anyway.. keep up the great work!
egal

Return to General Discussion