OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

User Registration

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

User Registration

Postby risehigh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Dear PKP Team

The User Registration of OJS is simple however CAPTCHA give some protection.

It will be more secure if OJS use the same registration way as we follow the User Registration procedure for PKP Support at:
ucp.php?mode=register.

-Rise
risehigh

Re: User Registration

Postby ramon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 am

Dear rishigh,

OxS (which means all of PKP Suite, if I'm not mistaken) has for quite a while CAPTCHA support.
Check your ojs2/config.inc.php file, and be sure to install the font you want to use.
FreeFont is not always standard or available, so, if you don't have permission to install new fonts, look for any other font available in the system that suits you.
ramon

Postby risehigh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Dear Ramon
No, I just want to suggest the "use the same registration way in OJS". Please see the Red circle in attachment for mere explaination.

PKP Support • User Control Panel • Register_Page_1.jpg
PKP Support • User Control Panel • Register_Page_1.jpg (110.61 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

-Rise
risehigh

Postby ramon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 am

Dear Rise,

Now I see what you mean.
Let's see what the PKP Team has to say about this feature.
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Rise, thanks for your suggestion. In terms of further registration/anti-spam plans, we plan to eventually add reCaptcha support -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4082. However, we don't currently have any plans to add user-created and -controlled registration fields as an antispam measure. But the general feature request makes a lot of sense, given that we do get questions asking how to extend the typical registration page. I have submitted a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6420. It should be general enough to suit anti-spam needs as well. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jaik_70 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 pm

First appology for this repeated mail in two threads. I post this here because both thread have same problem.

Hi
My OJS have User registrartion with CAPTCHA.

Rcecently, I observed that some users register at my OJS with fake email id.

This happen because in present system of OJS give instant access just after the register with athentication of e-mail id.

It will be useful and secure if OJS send first authentical to the new user the allow the access.

-JAIK
jaik_70

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi JAIK,

Thanks for your comment -- we will definitely take this into consideration.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development