OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review file position

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Review file position

Postby bronskyblu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:30 am

Hi,
just a little question. I searched without success for the file where paper reviews are stored; I'm not speacking about the uploaded files (I found them "near" the papaer files) but the reviewers comments uploaded by form.
Thanks,
bronskyblu

Re: Review file position

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Gabriele,

On the submission's Review page, under the reviewer's name, there should be an icon you can click on to display any form-filled review. It will be just above the "Uploaded Files" option.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby bronskyblu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 am

Hi James,
I'm very sorry for misunderstanding but I mean the file/files where comments are stored physically (in the tree-ocs files&folder structure) and not in the web interface. I want to collect them quickly and export outside (excel or something else), as I can do with papers or authors DB.
Could you help me?
Thanks anyway and cheers,
bronskyblu

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi Gabriele,

Review comments are stored in the database, specifically in the article_comments table. Note that other general article comments are also stored in that table, so if you export the table you would have to filter the generic comments out. I believe that all review comments are comment_type 1.

If you are using custom review forms, I believe the form comments are stored differently, in the review_form_responses table.

Any review *files* that the reviewer uploads can be found in the files directory, eg in files/journals/1/articles/40/submission/review, where "1" is the journal number and "40" is the submission ID.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support